|Step 1: Remove Rear Seat
- Remove (2) 12mm bolts from bottom seat cushion.
- Remove bottom seat cushion.
- Remove (4) 12mm bolts from bottom of rear seat
- Pull up on seat back to remove.
Note: Be sure cargo pass through is unlatched.
|Step 2: Install Strut Brace Mounts
- Remove (3) 12mm nuts from each strut top.
Note: The service manual recommends using new nuts.
- Loosen or remove 14mm Bolts from seat belt
retractors to make room to install strut brace mounts.
- Remove strut brace mounts from bar.
- Place strut brace mounts on strut tops.
- Replace (3) nuts per strut. Torque to
- Reinstall seat belt retractor bolts.
Torque to 22 Ft/Lbs.
|Step 3: Install Bar
- Loosely fasten one end of the strut bar to one of the
strut brace mounts.
- Adjust threaded rod ends so bolt holes line up
perfectly and insert bolt
through the second strut brace mount.
- Tighten 8mm Allen head bolts and 15mm
- Tighten 17mm nuts on the threaded rods.
|Step 4: Reinstall Rear Seats
- Reinstall rear seats in the reverse order.
- Be sure the seat belts work properly.