- 2005-2009 Outback XT (Auto Trans)
- 2005-2009 Legacy GT (AT Only)
- Fitment Notes: Automatic Transmission Only
- Brand: COBB Tuning
- Manufacturer's Part Number: 524212
- Size: 3" Tubing
- Primary Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Disclaimer: Legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public road or highway.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 12-month Limited Warranty. Please see COBB's website for full details
- We ship internationally! Please email us for international shipping quotes.
- Diameter: 3"
- Benefits: Increased horsepower, torque, turbo response & engine response!Decreased turbo lag & power robbing restriction!
- Off Road Use Only?: Legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public road or highway.
- UPC: 799928865098
- Condition: New Product
- Kit Contents:
The COBB Tuning downpipe is available in a "Street" version that comes with a single high flow catalytic converter. A downpipe combined with the performance tuning found in the AccessPort is the first step to any enthusiast looking to unlock the potential of their engine, while still maintaining a stock look around their vehicle. The COBB Tuning downpipe begins with the CAD designed bellmouth that directs the air coming out of the turbo. The design permits the air to flow with very little turbulence to the single high flow catalytic converter. This metal substrate cat is highly efficient, allowing the exhaust to flow much easier than the factory unit ever would. The COBB downpipe, combined with our AccessPort engine management, is one of the most easy installations for any enthusiast looking to unlock the true potential of their WRX. The engineering that went into the COBB 3" Downpipe started with the CAD designed investment-cast turbine outlet, made of 304 stainless steel for enduring corrosion resistance and reduced heat transfer to the engine bay. The shape of the outlet flange smoothly blends the turbine outlet and wastegate gases. The outlet flange is configured with an O2 sensor bung to accommodate the stock O2 sensor. A custom spun metal substrate high flow catalytic converter comes next. This one piece 400 grade stainless steel cat has a much higher flow rate and longer lifespan compared to ceramic or "brick" style cats. It also reaches operating temperature faster than other style cats for cleaner cold-start emissions. All tubing used in the fabrication of this downpipe is 304 stainless steel for increased corrosion resistance. The end flange uses the stock donut gasket and factory spring bolts to aid in flex, longevity and proper fitment. This provides an improved seal compared to other methods, as well as reduced noise.
The COBB Tuning turbo downpipe is one of the premier modifications most owners look to upgrade on their vehicle. By opening the diameter of exhaust flow coming out of the turbo, the downpipe unleash power where the stock restrictive unit lacks.
CAD Designed Cast Turbo Outlet for Maximum Flow
304 Stainless Steel for Corrosion Resistance
Custom Spun Metal Substrate High Flow Cat
Two O2 Bungs for Factory & Aftermarket Sensors
Utilizes Stock Donut Gasket for Optimal Sealing & Long Life
Inventory Updated Daily
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!