- Free Shipping! (Not including Alaska or Hawaii)
- 2008-2014 STi
- Brand: RaceComp Engineering (RCE / GTWORX)
- Series: Black
- Manufacturer's Part Number: GR08
- Color: Black
- UPC: 803050313645
- We ship internationally! Please email us for international shipping quotes.
- Benefits: Performance springs increase the handling ability of your car while giving it a more aggressive look. Springs enhance the handling of a vehicle by minimizing body roll as well as pitching for and aft under braking and acceleration. Reduced body roll is important for performance applications for two important reasons: 1) it helps to keep the wheel alignment closer to the ideal "Static" specs and 2) it increases the response of the vehicle to the driver's inputs.Lowering the vehicle also decreases the height of the center of gravity (Cg) of the vehicle and further aids in the reduction of body roll. However, lowering a vehicle too much can be harmful if the Cg becomes lower than the "roll center" of the vehicle or if there is not enough suspension travel to effectively absorb the bumps on the driving surface.
Finally, a performance spring designed with function over form is available for the latest Subaru Impreza STI. Incorporating the knowledge gained from designing a growing list of suspension and brake performance parts for the true track day and autocross enthusiast, Racecomp Engineering is proud to announce the latest addition to their line up. The Regular Guy Functional Lowering Springs for the 2008+ Subaru Impreza STI are designed as the ultimate performance spring upgrade for the newly redesigned GR chassis.
Paying special attention to the completely new rear suspension design of the GR chassis, the Functional Lowering Springs provide a mild 5mm drop front and rear to maximize the limited suspension travel available. Shorter bumpstops are included front and rear to take things one step further, resulting in more bump travel than stock. Rarely does an aftermarket spring set-up add suspension travel, but in this case it is a crucial design aspect that improves performance while helping to maintain a civil ride on the street.
Spring rates of 320 lbs/in front and rear are intended to work with the completely new rear suspension of the GR chassis, which has a lower motion ratio in the rear than previous Imprezas. In addition, the OEM dampers have been carefully examined on a shock dyno to match the new spring rates to the dampers.
Racecomp Engineering's goal was to help cure the crippling understeer that adds to lap times at the track and autocross course. Studying the design of the new GR suspension, a new performance spring has been produced that adds to available bump travel, matches the excellent OEM dampers, and works in conjunction with the new rear motion ratio. The result is a car that handles extremely well from corner entry to corner exit.
Continuing the "Regular Guy" theme from previous Racecomp designs, the springs are colored black for a low key look. Coupled with the minimal drop, most people would be hard pressed to find anything different from stock....until the road curves.
NOTE: For 2011 Impreza STI, ride height will remain the same as stock.
Inventory Updated Daily
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!