- Free Shipping! (Not including Alaska or Hawaii)
- 2002-2005 WRX
- 2006-2007 WRX
- 2004-2007 STi
- Brand: Turn In Concepts
- Manufacturer's Part Number: 1001-04-0014
- Alternate Part Numbers: IMP_MCB
- We ship internationally! Please email us for international shipping quotes.
- Benefits: A master cylinder brace is designed to add rigidity to the hydraulic brake cylinder that is mounted on the engine side of the firewall. When pushing on the brake pedal the firewall can flex and increase pedal travel and lead to less precise brake modulation. Securing the master cylinder provides the driver with a more solid pedal feel.
Subaru brakes are, let's face it, not the best feeling brakes in the world. In fact, I've stepped on loaves of bread with better pedal feel than a Subaru. The bad feelings come from a lot of places but one of the worst is from the force you're applying to the pedal actually pushing the brake master cylinder farther away from you. Now, it's tough for the master cylinder to run away from your foot if it has its back up against the wall right from the get-go. That wall is called a Master Cylinder Brace. These have been on the market for a while from various vendors, but you know us at TiC, we're always trying to make better mousetraps. We took a basic brace and made two major improvements. First, we changed the angle that the plunger sets at. This causes it to meet the master cylinder more head-on and reduces vertical flex which improves pedal feel. Second, we added another brace to the brace which considerably increased the torsional stiffness of the arm of the brace. This again results in better pedal feel. The result is what we think is the best brace on the market.
Please note that this brace deletes one of the brackets that holds an electrical cable. You will be removing the bracket and using the cable loop to hold the cable to the master cylinder brace.
What you get:
The Master Cylinder Brace
Hardware to mount it
Brakes that feel better
Confirmed fitment 2002-2007 Impreza. Confirmed fitment 2003-2008 Forester
Inventory Updated Daily
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!